Monday, April 15, 2013

My Own Homemade Yoga Mat


This fabric--from Jo-Ann's, the store--is so beautiful, that I had to purchase at least ten yards! Since I go through so many yoga mats, I decided to make my own. I wanted to make it soft and fluffy. It was very simple to make. It is the size of a regular yoga mat. All I did was take the measurements of a yoga mat. The inside is double-layered with natural cotton batting from my nearest Jo-Ann's store. The outside green thingy is that non-slippery cupboard shelf lining. And yes, it does work, meaning that the my homemade mat isn't slippery. It is sewn onto the bottom side of the outside fabric.

This is the front of my homemade yoga mat.
This is the other side that has a rubberized
shelf lining attached so it won't slip while
on the floor.











No comments: