Monday, April 22, 2013

Yoga Accessories: Small & Long Yoga Pads



In an earlier post, I made my own yoga mat, I originally insert a very thin yoga mat. Well, I took it out, so that my yoga mat could be less bulky. Since I have very sensitive knees and soles on my feet, I needed to come up with something that would be small enough to fit inside my yoga bag. Well, here they are.
I made an envelope style cover approx. 5" x 6" (Cotton outer fabric with flannel lining)

Worn old yoga mat - size 24" x 36" x 1/8"

Cut yoga mat lengthwise approx. 5.5" wide. (This will be the finished width of the yoga pad.)
 x 30" long. (Folded, this will be the finished length.)


Fold cut yoga mat in half lengthwise, then try-fold.

Inserted folded cut yoga mat inside envelope cover with flap turned inside out.

Flip the flap right side out, and here is what you get. It is very comfortable for those of us with sensitive heels and the palms of hands.



Here is a longer one, keeping the width of the original old  yoga mat.

 





No comments: