Monday, July 1, 2013

Dog Collar - Took From Old and Made New One


We have two deer head chihuahuas. They look like baby deer with very long legs. One of them needed another collar because the one he had kept coming loose. It was worn out and didn't have a strap adjuster.  I took it apart, keeping the buckle, and D-ring to use to make this new one.

I used 1" webbing, and sewed 3/4" trim ribbon on the webbing. I took a strap adjuster from another discarded collar.  It took less than 20 minutes to make and was very easy. I just took a picture of the old one before I took it apart so I could replicate it for the new one. I didn't exactly like the color of the webbing or the ribbon for the new one, but it's all I had in my stash.

 The 1" webbing is a bit wide for my little chi, so I will use 3/4" webbing for the next time I make one for him.
New collar I made using black curved side release buckle and D-ring from the old collar. I added the triglides (strap adjuster).
Old worn out collar that didn't have a strap adjuster, so it kept getting loose. I salvaged the release buckle and D-ring, using it for the new collar I made.


No comments: