Monday, April 1, 2013

Thank You Basket Filled With Various Chocolate Candy + Chocolate Wine and Handmade Infinity Scarf


This is a thank you gift for the wonderfully amazing Dr. Kasra Rowshan who recently performed my spinal surgery. He has to be one of the most compassionate, caring doctor I have ever come across!

This ChocoVine chocolate wine is sweet and very smooth--simply delicious! I wanted to tell my Doctor that if he didn't like it, to give it back. I think he'll like it, as I heard he is  a "choco-holic."
I love this chocolate wine!
I wanted to make something for him, so I thought why not a infinity scarf. It seamed easy enough. I  purchased one yard of 100% 45" wide cotton flannel shirting. I cut in half length-wise. I then sewed the two halves together to make one long one. I then folded the sewn halves length-wise again, with right sides together. I sewed a straight stitch down the length of the scarf. Since I did not take pictures of how I was making it, I found it hard to explain the rest of the tutorial. For complete video instructions, here is a very easy to follow video tutorial. This one, I found to be the easiest for me to understand. My wonderful orthopedic  surgeon said he really liked it. He didn't know I made it. He said  he will use it for when he goes to the ski resort.

I also made these "criss-cross" coasters. I found a cute, colorful, very easy tutorial at Allsorts.
Front of coasters
Back of coasters
Yummy assorted chocolate found at Trader Joe's! (Thanks dear daughter for buying them for me!)
Yummy!

No comments: