Monday, July 16, 2012

Diaper/Wipes Case with Link to Tutorial

I made this diaper/wipes case using denim and home dec cotton fabric. I've been making these for a few years now for gifts. I also made a diaper bag/purse to go with it--my own design--but I never took any pics of it. I'll ask my daughter to take a few pics for me so I can post it another time.

Here again, the Angel Rose appliqué is stitched using my sewing machine.  The Rose Angel appliqué  is of my dear beloved Mom dressed as an angel at her older sister's First Holy Communion.
I printed the Rose Angel pic using the June Tailor Sew-In Inkjet Computer Printer Fabric, then applying two coats of Mod  Podge that dries clear. 

Anyway, the tutorial for making the diaper/wipes case came from a website owned by Jan Andrea. Even though I've been making these for a few years now, I couldn't remember where to find the tutorial to link to. After much searching, I finally found her site!  I've bookmarked and wrote down her URL, so I can go to it again, since Jan has a lot of Baby Crafts

Since I've yet to write any tutorials for my own projects on this blog, I did want to have a link to Jan's tutorial for this project. Her tutorial may be a few years old, but I found it to be one of the best ones out there to make this diaper/wipes case. Jan's instructions are very clear with lots of pictures! Tutorials that have no pics "go in one eye and out the other."


If you have a chance, please take the time to navigate through her website, and be sure to read Jan Andrea's "About Me." She sounds like one extraordinary and busy woman!

Here is her fabulous tutorial:








No comments: