Monday, July 25, 2011

Yoga Bags

I've been taking yoga since the beginning of 2009, I love it!! I'll go about 4 to 6 days a week. I bought this Stott Pillates Express Mat in sage green. It's 3/8" thickness wasn't hard on my knees, hands or head. The only problems I had was that when unrolling it, it kept curling. It also felt a bit squishy. I did solve that when I made a cover for it made out of the Vintage Old Tin Can fabric. I'll take a pick to show sometime soon.

I later purchased the Aeromat Ecowise 3/8" Fitness Mat in black. It is not squishy at all. I put a regular green mat next to it to show the size difference. The bags I made fit both the Stott Pilates and the Aeromat mats.


Here are pictures of my first mat bag. It is large enough to hold a thick mat as well as a hand towel. The bottom of the bag has a large pocket. There are also two zippered pockets.
Can't have too many pockets and zipper pockets.
I can even put a hand towel in there.
It has a very large pocket on the bottom.
I put workout accessories in them.

Below are two pics of the second yoga mat bag I made. Notice that there is a large removable  pocket on the bottom of the bag in the first picture. I used Velcro.
This pic shows the pocket attached.

This pic has the pocket removed.
I also made this water bottle carrier. I went through quite a few water bottles, including aluminum, plastic, and stainless steel. I finally settled on this Thermos carrier. It really keeps my water cold. I've even left it in my trunk overnight. The next morning, my water was still cool! I have another Thermos bottle that isn't covered that I use at home. There is never any condensation on the outside.
My water bottle carrier has two snap pockets to keep money/credit cards/driver license. I can even put folded paper behind the large pocket.


No comments: