Monday, October 14, 2013

60th Wedding Anniversary Small Art Quilt

A couple of weeks ago was my husband's parents 60th wedding anniversary. It wasn't until the day of their party that I came up with something to make to give them. I scanned their party invitation and cropped, then altered the pictures. I printed the picture from my laser printer on to transparency film that I've had for many years. I cut up a lot of different fabrics to see what would go with it, but I settled with the one below that is laced with tiny gold threads. (I know that it is supposed to be white diamonds for a 60-year, but I didn't have time to go shopping for white fabric, and didn't have any in my stash.) I used Peltex stiff interfacing and thin cotton batting sandwiched in between the front and backing. Since I didn't have much time, made the backing longer and wider, then  just folded up each corner, instead of the usual mitered binding. Here is the finished product.

1 comment:

Sandra Foster said...

Very creative GloryB. Nice of you to do this!