Monday, June 10, 2013

Antique Vintage Linen Napkins Turned Into Sachets w/ Lavender and Flax Seed


Throughout the years, I've been collecting old vintage linen napkins. They've been sitting in a drawer for years. Beautiful, aren't they? They're so so soft, and you could tell they have a premium quality to them. A few are slightly stained in some places, but that adds to it's uniqueness and beauty.

I thought I would reuse, repurpose, and transform them. One idea was to make small 4" x 4" square sachets. They were made using Sizzix Bigz Clear Die Square Scallop #655776. The sachets are filled with lavender and flax seed. That way, you could also put them in the freezer or microwave and place them on what ever hurts to sooth. The smell is relaxing--so I hear. (I have no sense of smell--really! I have one of my daughter's help me mix the lavender and flax seed together.)
 My beloved mother loved the smell of lavender. These sachets are small gifts of thanks to people I know.  I have plenty more of these old linen napkins, so I will be making a lot more to give away. 






2 comments:

Sandra Foster said...

What a great idea - you inspired me!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandra! Thanks so much for your kind comment. I appreciate that.