Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White & Blue: Made in the USA!

Yesterday, being the day before the Fourth of July, I thought that I would make something out of a couple of yards of red, white and blue fabric that I’ve had for a little while. I couldn’t decide what to make, but finally in the evening, being tired, I thought an easy thing to make would be a cute pillow case sun dress. Now that I have a little gorgeous granddaughter, I can finally make cute little dresses—Yea!!! I made a pillow case dress for Easter for her Mom about 30 years ago.  I remember my Nina Irene who is in her mid-eighties, telling me that the pillow case dress has been around for years. She remembers her little sister--my dear Mom wearing them.
This Fourth of July morning since I had a little time before my 4 year-old grandson, Chase, and his little sister, almost 15 month-old Ella Rose came to spend part of the day with me and “Pops,” their Grandpa, I thought I would make another little “Independence Day” pillow case dress. These are very simple, no pattern needed. I like short-cuts, so I took pictures, if anyone is interested, leave a comment and I will post pictures. Oh, and I tried to get pictures of Ella Rose to model in them, but that little one just will not stay still! 



Here is Fourth of July information that I read in today's Los Angeles Times:

No comments: